There are a number of reasons why a trip can mess up your healthy-lifestyle:
1. Your entire routine is turned upside-down in one fell swoop!
2. More often than not you cannot choose the food you'll be served during the trip. It's likely that you'll have set-menus at business lunches and dinners, not to mention the plane food.
3. You move your body significantly less than you do normally, leading to lethargy, bloating and potential extra kilos!
4. At most meetings, coffee is served throughout the day, usually accompanies by sweet treats. You must be really strong-willed to resist.
5. Sleep quality and quantity can easily suffer due to unfamiliar and unpredictable surroundings.
I've just finished a 3 day work trip in Germany and before I left I was really dreading the implications it might have on my normal healthy approach to living. Travelling in itself is pretty stressful for the body and at the moment I feel bloated, stiff and pretty exhausted in general. I am such a creature of habit and even on a short trip I miss my daily routines, the ability to control what I eat and most of all - working out!